Friday, January 28, 2011

Can anyone help me with cooking brown rice?



Your Ad Here



Cooking
by Robbert van der Steeg

Question by Powderpuff: Can anyone help me with cooking brown rice?

My boyfriend is always cooking our brown rice but it always comes out mushy. Any tips? I'm considering getting a rice cooker since my family always gets great results from it.

The way he cooks it is stovetop with a sausepan for 45-50 minutes. He cooks white rice wonderfully but since we are changing to brown rice we are stumped.

Thanks!




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by sugariley
he is cooking it way to long, fllow this

1 part rice, 2 parts water, either some butter or cooking oil

combine in a pot and boil, once boiling reduce to low and cover for 20-22 minutes tops, stir every 5 minutes or so and leave uncovered after cooking for 5 minutes





What do you think? Answer below!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment