Sunday, February 27, 2011

What is a major similar to Architecture?



Your Ad Here





Question by Climbin boi: What is a major similar to Architecture?

I am in the architecture program right now, however, I may need to change my major. I am certain I want to do something along the lines of architecture and design so I am turning to you to hear some alternative majors that are also very similar...for instance, I believe industrial design is similar to architecture.




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by R T
As far as I know, industrial design deals with designing durable consumer items: anything from ball point pens to alarm clocks to soft drink bottles. Both functionality and style are considered in industrial design, so in that sense it could be seen as architecture on a small scale. A field that, in terms of scale, is more similar to architecture is civil engineering (designing & planning bridges & tunnels, for example). Basically, with industrial design looks are more important than safety in many cases (there's usually no such thing as an "unsafe pen"), but in civil engineering safety is absolutely paramount because you don't want your bridge to collapse. I'm not an expert in either of these fields (very far from it), so please consult relevant faculty to confirm (or debunk) what I've said here. Go design something beautiful & safe. Good luck!





What do you think? Answer below!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment