Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Engineering
Engineering
by vanberto

Question by noone: engineering?

Lately I have started to think about engineering as a career. The only problem is I already have an undergraduate degree and would have to do more undergrad work if I wanted an engineering degree. I am interested in how things work especially electronics, but I don't know if I have the patience to really understand it. I was wondering if maybe someone could answer some questions about engineering. What kind of skills and abilities would I need to be an engineer.? What kind of people are best for the engineering field? Is the work really time consuming or would it be 40 hr work weeks?




Best answer:

Answer by simsposeidon
Realistically there are many different types of engineers. The term is really overused. I myself am an electrical engineer. My education taught me more about the circuit design level of engineering rather than the practical application. An electrical technician degree may be something you want to look into as they explain the implimentation more than the design. The work hours are typically better as well. A typical week for me is around 55-60 hours on salary without overtime. I am compensated well for this, but am on call to any one of our various plants and could have to travel at a moments notice. Vacation time becomes the onl;y time you can truly let loose and make concrete plans. An engineers life typically revolves around work.





What do you think? Answer below!

Other posts like this, by keyword:

Engineering:

Introduction to Laser Diode-Pumped Solid State Lasers (SPIE Tutorial Texts in Optical Engineering Vol. TT53) Reviews ...
Fuzzy and Neural Approaches in Engineering (Adaptive and Learning Systems for Signal Processing, Communications and Control Series) ...
Tissue Engineering: Applications in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Periodontics ...
Innovation in Food Engineering: New Techniques and Products (Contemporary Food Engineering) Reviews ...
Computational Number Theory and Digital Signal Processing (Computer Science & Engineering) Reviews ...
Software Engineering: A Practitioner’s Approach (McGraw-Hill International Editions: Computer Science Series) ...
Radiation Physics for Medical Physicists (Biological and Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering) Reviews ...
what’s the difference between computer science and computer engineering? ...
Feedback Control Theory (Dover Books on Engineering) ...
Geotechnical Engineering: Principles and Practices of Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering (Civil and Environmental Engineering) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment